a book group at Little City Books
We read good, short books, usually less than 200 pages, in a range of styles and genres.
Some we like -- some we don't, but there is always something interesting to talk about.
the third Thursday of every the month
We meet at Little City Books, 100 Bloomfield, in Hoboken, NJ.
We will always have a few copies of the latest book, and some previous favorites, available at the store.
The Next Book
- For June: Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House
For the Future
- The Hour of the Star by Clarice Lispector
- God's Country by Percival Everett
- Longitude by Dava Sobel
- J. G. Ballard's The Drowned World
Some Previous Books
- Henry James' The Turn of the Screw (May 2019)
- J. M. Coetzee's' Waiting for the Barbarians (April 2019)
- Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson (March 2019)
- Henry James' The Turn of the Screw (February 2019)
- Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (January 2019)
- Eudora Welty's The Robber Bridegroom
- Denis Johnson's Train Dreams, a group favorite.
- Summer by Edith Wharton
- James Joyce's The Dead
- Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness, our first book.
- John McPhee's The Pine Barrens
- Terms and Conditions of Use